SWCA Environmental Consultants is an employee-owned company of cultural and natural resource scientists and planners. Our professionals specialize in natural and cultural resource management, environmental planning, regulatory compliance, and sustainability services.
We are seeking an Assistant Architectural Historian within our cultural resources program for our Pasadena, California office. Under supervision of a Project Manager, an Assistant Architectural Historian will perform a variety of office and field tasks. The position is full-time and hourly with a pay rate based on individual qualifications and experience. Work will occur primarily in California, therefore, candidates with work experience in California are strongly encouraged to apply.
We offer an informal, team-oriented work environment, competitive wages, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement).
• Conduct historic resources surveys and documentation, including site visits, historic research, photography and preparation of California Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 Series forms;
• Evaluate properties for the National Register of Historic Places and California Register of Historical Resources, and ;
• Assist in preparation of technical reports and historic evaluations.
• Experience preparing California DPR forms and working with the Secretary of the Interior Standards for Historic Preservation;
• Working knowledge of the methods and laws of architectural history;
• Strong research, writing, and communication skills with enthusiasm and eagerness to learn;
• Bachelor’s degree in History, Architectural History, or a closely related field is strongly preferred, and;
• Six months experience working in California cultural resource management as an assistant architectural historian is desirable.
Headquartered in Phoenix, Arizona, SWCA has offices throughout the West, Pacific Northwest, and the Pacific Islands. Since its founding in 1981, SWCA has achieved a national reputation for providing its clients with professional integrity as well as creative solutions based on sound science. SWCA ranks among Engineering News-Record’s Top 200 Environmental Firms. We offer an informal, team-oriented work environment, competitive salaries, and a competitive benefits package, including an employee stock ownership plan (retirement). SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans to apply.
How to Apply:
Resumes must be received through our online application system to receive consideration. Please use the link to apply online. By clicking on new resume you can upload your cover letter and resume.
Directory of cultural resource and historic preservation firms.
Gray & Pape, Inc. Archaeology**History**Historic Preservation
Serving your cultural resources needs since 1987.
New South Associates, Inc. New South Associates is a women-owned small business providing cultural resource management services, both nationally and internationally. Our specialities include archaeology, history, architectural history, preservation planning, and public interpretati
Paula S. Reed and Associates, Inc. Paula S. Reed and Associates, Inc. is a small, woman-owned corporation organized in the State of Maryland, which provides cultural resource evaluation on a nation-wide basis, specializing in National Historic Landmark nominations. We meet qualifications o