SWCA Environmental Consultants is seeking an Assistant Architectural Historian within our Cultural Resources Program for our Pasadena, California office. Under the supervision of the Architectural History Team Lead, an Assistant Architectural Historian performs a variety of office and field tasks. This position is temporary/hourly and will average 24-40 hours a week, depending on workload. Pay rate will be based on individual qualifications and experience. Work will occur primarily in California. Candidates with experience in California are strongly encouraged to apply.
• Conduct historic resources surveys and documentation, including site visits, historic research, photography and preparation of California Department of Parks and Recreation (DPR) 523 Series forms;
• Evaluate properties for the National Register of Historic Places and California Register of Historical Resources;
• Assist in preparation of technical reports and historic evaluations.
• Experience preparing California DPR forms and working with the Secretary of the Interior Standards for Historic Preservation.
• Working knowledge of the methods and laws of architectural history.
• Strong research, writing, and communication skills. Enthusiasm and eagerness to learn.
• Bachelor’s degree in History, Architectural History, or a closely related field is strongly preferred.
In support of our value of integrity, SWCA promotes a safe and drug free workplace. We participate in e-verify and pre-employment background screening services. SWCA is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages women, minorities, individuals with disabilities and covered veterans to apply.
For a more detailed description of this position and to apply online, please visit our website at www.swca.com Resumes must be received through our online application system to receive consideration.
If you need assistance or accommodations to apply, please contact us at email@example.com
Directory of cultural resource and historic preservation firms.
Gray & Pape, Inc. Archaeology**History**Historic Preservation
Serving your cultural resources needs since 1987.
New South Associates, Inc. New South Associates is a women-owned small business providing cultural resource management services, both nationally and internationally. Our specialities include archaeology, history, architectural history, preservation planning, and public interpretati
Paula S. Reed and Associates, Inc. Paula S. Reed and Associates, Inc. is a small, woman-owned corporation organized in the State of Maryland, which provides cultural resource evaluation on a nation-wide basis, specializing in National Historic Landmark nominations. We meet qualifications o