Tierra Environmental Services (Tierra), based in San Diego, California is an environmental consulting firm seeking six temporary full-time archaeological field technicians to conduct construction monitoring for a renewable energy project located in Imperial County, California. The project is expected to continue through Spring 2013. Extended field time is required.
Ideal candidates would demonstrate energetic and positive temperaments conducive to a constructive team environment. Responsibilities include construction monitoring in cultural monitoring teams alongside members of the Native American community, resource recordation, potential testing and data recovery, as well as daily monitoring reports. Candidates must have a high tolerance for fieldwork conditions, including walking or extensive standing in a wide range of difficult desert weather conditions, especially heat.
• Bachelor’s in Anthropology, Archaeology, or a closely related field with one year of cumulative southern California desert experience OR two years of cumulative Southern California desert experience,
• Experience monitoring for construction activity,
• Experience and sensitivity to working alongside members of the Native American community,
• Operational knowledge of the prehistory and history of Southern California desert regions, and
• Physically able to perform demanding tasks in adverse environmental conditions (i.e., extreme heat, cold, wind, etc.)
• Adherence to established project protocols, and
• Interpersonal skills is essential.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to multi-task,
• Effective communication and writing skills,
• Attention to detail and quality,
• Familiar with GPS data collection equipment, and
• Detail-oriented, organizational skills.
Please submit a cover letter and curriculum vitae (including three professional references) to email@example.com with the heading “Field Technician Position”. Please ensure your CV lists all construction monitoring, southern California desert, and working alongside Native American representative experience.
Directory of cultural resource and historic preservation firms.
Gray & Pape, Inc. Archaeology**History**Historic Preservation
Serving your cultural resources needs since 1987.
New South Associates, Inc. New South Associates is a women-owned small business providing cultural resource management services, both nationally and internationally. Our specialities include archaeology, history, architectural history, preservation planning, and public interpretati
Paula S. Reed and Associates, Inc. Paula S. Reed and Associates, Inc. is a small, woman-owned corporation organized in the State of Maryland, which provides cultural resource evaluation on a nation-wide basis, specializing in National Historic Landmark nominations. We meet qualifications o